Qualifications of Youth Director
- A committed personal relationship with
- Should exhibit a life defined by the
Fruit of the Spirit as described in Galatians 5:22-23
- Must be affiliated and in full
agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.
- Must believe that the Bible is the
inspired, infallible, inerrant, authoritative, and sufficient Word of God.
- Must teach in accordance with the
theological and doctrinal beliefs of New Bethel Baptist Church.
- Must be willing to serve and function
under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, as well as learn, support and adhere
to the by-laws of New Bethel Baptist Church.
- Must possess strong leadership,
organizational, and time management skills.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, with
a willingness to work cohesively with the church body.
- If married, the director’s spouse shall
share in like manner Christian consecration and church loyalty.
Duties of the Youth Director
- Shall have general oversight of all
- Must relate to all youth, regardless of
demographic and articulate a plan to grow the youth ministry to the potential
of the surrounding community.
- Shall conduct or be responsible for
weekly Bible study, such as, Sunday School, VBS, or other youth related
- Shall be responsible for planning youth
trips, such as camp, youth mission projects, or other youth related retreats
where youth will be gone overnight.
- Shall see that all permission forms
have been signed and received by parents for youth activities as well as making
sure all youth activities and events are properly chaperoned by adults.
- Shall promote youth participation in
adult church activities and coordinate with Senior Pastor and Music Minister
any special church activities involving the youth.
- Shall discuss any youth related
difficulties with the Senior Pastor and/or Deacons as a matter of
confidentiality, rather than with any church members.
Benefits of the Youth Director
- Shall be paid an initial salary
recommended by the budget and finance team and approved by the church. This
will be reviewed annually.
- Shall have two (2) weeks of vacation
with pay per year. Six months should elapse before the first vacation is
scheduled unless a special privilege is granted by the Pastor and/or Deacon
- The church will pay salary in case of
illness for two (2) Sundays during the year. In case of prolonged illness, the
Pastor and Deacon body will recommend future arrangements to the church for
- The church will provide an expense
account for the director’s attendance at youth activities and/or conferences
when attendance is approved or requested by the church. The budget and finance
team will set a maximum on this account each year and will be reviewed
PRINT JOB POSTING